Tierschutzbund Zürich is a non-profit, independent, international animal welfare organisation. The board members as well as the team have been engaged in animal protection for many years.
Since animal welfare does not stop at national borders, Tierschutzbund Zürich initiated the founding of the sister-organisation Animal Welfare Foundation e.V. in Germany in order to be operational within the European Union, and internationally. Animal welfare must be an international endeavour and can only be successfully implemented through the alliance with other organisations.
Code of Practice
- Professional: Only educated and trained employees are involved.
- Credible: No project without prior validation, no publications without evidence.
- Success oriented: It is our aim to improve the living conditions of animals.
- Solution oriented: It is our objective to find sustainable, long-term solutions.
- Animals are sentient beings.
- The rights and dignity of the animals are inviolable.
- There is no distinction between the animal species.
- There is no moral justification for suffering.
The goal of animal welfare is to raise the status of animals, not to lower the status of humans.
- Animals should be recognised as equal fellow beings.
- Animal rights should receive the same importance as human rights.
- An international crisis management for animals, in case of war or natural disasters, should become self-evident.