28. January 2021
Brussels: Eurogroup for Animals launches White Paper on the Revision of the Transport Regulation
Yesterday, our partners in Brussels, the Eurogroup for Animals, presented their demands for the revision of the EU transport regulation. The revision of this EU law is a milestone in the history of animal welfare.
Our team was also present at the launch of the white paper - as support for technical questions. In advance, our teams supported the preparation of the white paper with our long-term research on EU live transports.
Summary of the key demands for the new regulation:
- Limitation of the maximum transport time to eight hours for adult animals
- Limitation of the maximum transport time to four hours for weaned young animals, poultry and rabbits and end-of-career animals (such as "laying" hens and "milk" cows)
- A transport ban for young animals that are still dependent on milk (unweaned animals)
- A transport ban for pregnant animals if the pregnancy has advanced more than 40%
- A transport ban for live exports outside EU borders